This is my new Dynamic Database-Driven Genealogy site, which replaces the Family Tree Reports sites I launched back in the late 1990's.
I used to have separate public and private sites.
Both consisted of static family tree charts that were generated off-line and uploaded occasionally.
This new site is based on a very interesting and powerful commercial family tree/genealogy web application called TNG
(see the page footer) that I found in August, 2013.
I have still not exercized its full capabilities.
It organizes data very differently from the way I organized my older web site.
This site is based on the ability to browse among any and all of the over 7000 people in my family tree database,
and to generate "dynamic" family charts - reports that are created as you ask for them.
This site also presents photos, notes, histories, and data sources that are missing from my original site,
and has better security, based on users' personal userids and private passwords,
which are unknown even to me.
You don't have to be logged in to see most of my data,
but you do have to have an account, and to log in, to see living people.
So give it a try - use the Search form on the right,
or the "People to Start With" link below the form to get started.
On the detailed "person profile" pages, look for:
- These brown tabs:
- Ancestor & Descendant Reports
- The Relationship Tool that tells you how two people in the database are related
- Submit Photo or Document
- Suggest a change
- The white-on-slate-blue links just below the brown tabs that let you limit the display to certain categories of data:
- Media, which shows you
- Scanned documents (death certificates, county birth & death indexes, marriage certificates, etc.),
- "Histories" (short biographies, family histories, and anecdotes),
- Gravestone Photos, and
- Scanned census
- Sources, which shows you the documentation sources for the data in the person's record, and
- The Event Map, which shows you a map of the events that have occured in that person's life
- And these features in menus at the top or bottom of the page:
- Surnames - A list of family names in the database, and then a list of all of the people with that family name
- Dates - People who were born, died, married, etc. on any given day.
- Cemeteries - All of the people (in my database) who are buried in certain cemeteries that I add to a list (not fully implemented)..
- A Print Button, which doesn't actually Print, but rather, very helpfully displays the data in a more printer-friendly way -
without the graphical header, the navigation menus, and the footer).
Note: You can shift-click on the "People to start with" link or the "Search" button in the right margin to open that page in a separate window so you can keep these instructions handy while you browse.
Finally - if you find typos, missing data that you can fill in, or data that you dispute,
please feel free to use the Suggest tab or a "Contact Us" or "Contact Me" link to let me know about it.
If you have any questions or comments about the information on this site, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you.